Click the image to the left to be redirected to our safe and secure online giving forum.
Read the latest thoughts from the studies of Pastor Blake in his weekly blog post.
Keep up with what's going on this week by viewing our weekly worship bulletin.
September 27, 2020
Jeremiah 38: 5-13
Bro. Bryan Alexander
Listen to some of the latest sermons from the pulpit of Youngs Grove.
Find out about what we believe at Youngs Grove.
A Brief History of Young's Grove
Young's Grove Baptist Church was founded in 1889. The original name was The Church of Christ at Young's Grove. Services were held in an old hog barn across the road and about one hundred yards east of where the current church stands today.The first church was built across the road from the old barn. The church was constituted in 1901. Young's Grove joined the New Hope Baptist Association on Saturday, September 26,1914.
Property for a cemetery was donated to the church in 1940 by the Young Family. The present location of the church is part of that property. Additional land was donated in 1970 by Tom Mullens. This property was used for expanding the cemetery and later for a fellowship hall. Sunday School rooms were added in 1972.Until 1972, church services were held every first and third Saturday night with Sunday School each Sunday morning. Since 1972, Sunday School has been held at 10 A.M. and was then followed by a morning worship service with an evening worship service being held at 6 P.M.
On September 26, 1977, Young's Grove withdrew from the New Hope Association and became unaffiliated. Wednesday night services were started in 1984, with a fellowship hall being built in the same year. In 1987, a baptistery was added to the church. Prior to this point, all baptisms were performed in nearby creeks. In 2003, the current church facility was completed. The sanctuary was built to hold around 400 people.
In 2015, Young's Grove became a full member of the Southern Baptist Convention. Currently, the church is completing a 10,000 square foot Life Center which will comprise of a full size basketball court, state-of-the-art kitchen, student ministry center, and additional classrooms. We believe our best days are yet to come!